The placenta nourishes the baby for months and, once the baby is born, it can also nourish and restore the mother as well. Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioners and Herbalists have utilized placenta as a healing remedy for thousands of years. Taking placenta capsules restores healing properties into the mother’s bloodstream and helps increase breast milk production, combat postpartum mood disorders, boost energy levels, support uterine recovery, replenish iron, and decrease post-labor bleeding. Placenta ingestion is one of therefore a powerful holistic medicine that will accelerate the mother’s recovery after delivery, and promote balance of mind-body-spirit.
Your Placenta Package Includes
- Guidance with preservation of the placenta and its delivery to the encapsulation location
- Placenta capsules
- Placenta tincture
- Mothers placenta broth
- Placenta art and umbilical keepsake
The Placenta Contains Healing Chemicals
- Corticotropin Releasing Hormone (CRH): Low levels of CRH are implicated in postpartum depression. Regulation of CRH helps prevent depression.
- Cortisone: Reduces inflammation and swelling; promotes healing; combats stress.
- Estrogen, Progesterone, Testosterone: Contributes to mammary gland development in preparation for lactation; stabilizes postpartum mood; regulates post-birth uterine cramping; decreases depression; normalizes and stimulates libido.
- Gamma Globulins: Immunity enhancer that helps protect against postpartum infections and supports the immune system.
- Gonadotropin: A precursor to estrogen, progesterone and testosterone.
- Hemoglobin: Oxygen-carrying molecule which provides a boost in energy.
- Human Placental Lactogen (hPL): A hormone that promotes mammary gland growth in preparation for lactation in the mother; also regulates maternal glucose, protein, and fat levels.
- Interferon: Stimulates the immune system and protects against infections
- Iron: Replenishes iron deficiency and combats anemia; increases energy; decreases fatigue and depression.
- Oxytocin: The “love hormone” that is released during breastfeeding; decreases pain and aids in mother-infant bonding; counteracts the production of stress hormones such as Cortisol; greatly reduces postpartum bleeding; enhances the breastfeeding let-down reflex.
- Placental Opioid-Enhancing Factor (POEF): Stimulates the production of your body’s natural opioids, including endorphins; reduces pain; increases well-being.
- Prolactin: Promotes lactation; increases milk supply.
- Prostaglandins: Regulates contractions in the uterus after birth; helps uterus return to its pre-pregnancy size; has anti-inflammatory effects.
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone: Regulates the thyroid gland; boosts energy and helps recovery from stressful events.
- Urokinase Inhibiting Factor and Factor XIII: Stops bleeding and enhances wound healing.
The placenta is carefully prepared in a sterilized environment. First it is rinsed, then it is prepared with lemon and ginger according to your preference -- either lightly steamed or unsteamed. Next the placenta is dehydrated for 8 hours before being ground into powder form to be encapsulated. This yields 70-190 capsules depending on the size of your placenta.
The tincture can be used for both mom and child, and its medicinal properties can help in times of fatigue, stress, or illness. Having a tincture allows the mother to continue receiving benefit from their placentas long after they’ve taken their capsules. For children, the tincture can be diluted in a bit of water before ingestion.
Mothers Placenta Broth
This is a natural byproduct of the steaming process and very beneficial to consume. This "miracle soup," which is made mostly of water, contains the essence of the placenta (hormones and iron) as well as warming herbs. Put a few tablespoons into a drink or soup, or even sip it straight out of the jar. You can have as much as you like; there is no limit of intake per sitting.
The silhouette of the placenta is imprinted on watercolor paper. The prints, often referred to as “the tree of life” due their unique shape, make lovely keepsakes for you and your family. You’ll also receive an umbilical keepsake that’s been dried and preserved in the shape of a heart or spiral.